Professor Hoppe has been interviewed by “Wirtschaftswoche”, Germany’s leading business-weekly:
Interview mit Hans-Hermann Hoppe: Die logische Schönheit des Libertarismus, in eigentümlich frei, Aug. 8, 2013 has just been published, which is a German translation of Cultura e liberdade – uma entrevista com Hans-Hermann Hoppe, The Brazilian Philosophy Magazine Dicta & Contradicta Interviews Hans-Hermann Hoppe (Portugese); English translation: The Logical Beauty of Libertarianism.
Several works by Professor Hoppe and commentaries on his work are now available in Japanese. Including English, Professor Hoppe’s writing is now available in 27 languages.
- The Economics and Ethics of Private Property Part 1, 私有財産の経済学と倫理学 第一部
- Fallacies of the Public Goods Theory and the Production of Security (The Economics and Ethics of Private Property) 公共財理論と安全性の提供における誤謬
- The Economics and Sociology of Taxation (The Economics and Ethics of Private Property) 課税の経済学と社会学
- Banking, Nation States, and International Politics (The Economics and Ethics of Private Property) 銀行業、国民国家と国際政治
- Marxist and Austrian Class Analysis (The Economics and Ethics of Private Property) マルクス主義者とオーストリア派の階級分析
- Theory of Employment, Money, Interest and the Capitalist Process: The Misesian Case Against Keynes (The Economics and Ethics of Private Property) 雇用、貨幣、利子、及び資本主義過程の理論－
- How is Fiat Money Possible? – or, The Devolution of Money and Credit (The Economics and Ethics of Private Property) 法定不換紙幣―つまり貨幣と預金の退化―
- Against Fiduciary Media (The Economics and Ethics of Private Property) 信用媒体に反対する
- Socialism: A Property or Knowledge Problem? (The Economics and Ethics of Private Property) 社会主義-財産の問題か、あるいは知識の問題か
- The Economics and Ethics of Private Property Part 1 (On-demand,paperback) 私有財産の経済学と倫理学（第一部）
- Commentary: by Kazunori Echigo, Shiga University professor emeritus in Japan: Kazunori Echigo ‘Neo-Austrian School and the Opponent’ 越後和典「新オーストリア学派とその論敵」
- Hans-Hermann Hoppe’s Achievement: Protection of Gold Standard and Free Banking ハンス＝ヘルマン・ホッペの業績 金本位制と自由銀行業の擁護
- The Critical Review of Keynes’s The General Theory: The Achievement of Hans-Hermann Hoppe ケインズ「一般理論」の批判的考察 ハンス＝ハーマン・ホップの業績
- Political Economy of Monarchy and Democracy: The Achievement of Hans-Hermann Hoppe 君主制と民主制の政治経済学 ハンス─ヘルマン・ホッペの業績
The Croatian and Serbian translations of Professor Hoppe’s speech Staat oder Privatrechtsgesellschaft? (State or Private Law Society) delivered at the 14th Philosophicum Lech is now available at the following links:
Croatian Translation: Država ili društvo privatnog prava?
Serbian Translation: Država ili društvo privatnog prava?
Below is a recent post from Mises Deutschland: Of the Moral and Economic Benefit of Tax-Evasion (in German), Vom moralischen und wirtschaftlichen Wohl der Steuerhinterziehun.
Update: See also Presentando al prof. Hoppe la traducción de su libro; photo below.
The Brazilian Philosophy Magazine Dicta & Contradicta Interviews Hans-Hermann Hoppe
Would the change from a statist to a libertarian society help or hinder the production of high culture?
Hoppe: A libertarian society would be significantly more prosperous and wealthy and this would certainly help both low and high culture. But a free society – a society without taxes and tax-subsidies and without so-called “intellectual property rights” – would produce a very differentculture, with a very different set of products, producers, stars and failures.
You see a causal link between a society’s form of government and its moral values and social development. Do you see a similar link between type of government and aesthetic standards and quality of art and entertainment?
Hoppe: Yes I do. Democratic state government systematically promotes egalitarianism and relativism. In the field of human interaction, it leads to the subversion and ultimately disappearance of the idea of eternal and universal principles of justice. Law is swamped and submerged by legislation. In the field of the arts and of aesthetic judgment, democracy leads to the subversion and ultimately disappearance of the notion of beautyand universal standards of beauty. Beauty is swamped and submerged by so-called “modern art.” [click to continue…]
Prof. Hoppe spoke (in German) on the topic “On Taxes and Parasites,” at the occasion of the inaugural conference of the Ludwig von Mises Institut Deutschland, held at Hotel Bayerischer Hof, in Munich, on June 15, 2013.
The following is a video of Prof. Hoppe speaking at the Rafael del Pino Foundation’s Master Lecture Series in Madrid, Spain, on June 20, 2013: “From Aristocracy to Monarchy to Democracy: A Tale of Moral and Economic Folly and Decay.”
From the UK publication The Libertarian:
By Eric Field
Hans-Hermann Hoppe is one of the most defining of contemporary libertarian thinkers. A graduate of the Goethe University Frankfurt, Germany and a former Marxist, Hoppe’s is best known for his rigorously logical examination of culture, human action, and the state. Hoppe has at times courted controversy for his belief that natural hierarchies are essential to human liberty. Regardless of whether or not one agrees with much of Hoppe’s statements, he has greatly improved the quality of libertarian discourse. So much so, that “Hoppean” has become a synonym for rigorously supported scholarly support for libertarianism.
Ekonomia I Eytka Własności Prywatnej, the Polish translation of Professor Hoppe’s The Economics and Ethics of Private Property, is now available.
Economía Y Ética de la Propiedad Privada, the Spanish translation of Professor Hoppe’s The Economics and Ethics of Private Property, is available at the following links:
To right is the cover of Monarquia, Democracia Y Orden Natural. Una Vision Austriaca De La Era Americana (2nd Spanish edition of Democracy: The God That Failed), trans. and prologue by Prof. Jeronimo Molina (University of Murcia). It can be ordered by email; see also this link.
Online reviews and discussion include:
- Hans-Hermann Hoppe: razÛn y libertad (RecensiÛn: MonarquÌa, democracia y orden natural), Liberalismo.org, por Antonio MuÒoz Ballesta
- La Monarquia, revindicada (local PDF copy), por Juan Ramón Rallo
- Hoppe en Madrid: dos teorias morales, por Daniel Rodríguez Herrera
- Auge y Caída de la Ciudad (The Rise and Fall of the City, Mises.org, Nov. 23, 2005 (an extract of chapter 9 of Democracy: The God That Failed)), traducción de Rodrigo Betancur
- Monarquia, Democracia y Orden Natural, Spanish translation of The Political Economy of Monarchy and Democracy, and the Idea of a Natural Order, Journal of Libertarian Studies Vol. 11 Num. 2.
- Problemas de la Democracia, La Revista de Libertad Digital, Viernes, 5 de Noviembre de 2004 (also published in Diario de America and Venezuela Analitica); abbreviated Spanish version of Down With Democracy, Enterprise and Education, The Association of Private Enterprise Education Newsletter, Summer 1995.
For other Spanish translations of Hoppe’s works, see here.
From the Authors Forum, presented at the Austrian Economics Research Conference 2013 (formerly ASC) (21 March 2013, Ludwig von Mises Institute in Auburn, Alabama).
Professor Hoppe’s A Theory of Socialism and Capitalism has been translated into Portugese (Mises Brazil, 2013; translated by Bruno Garschagen). It is available for free download into PDF and kindle (.mobi) formats.
Information on the new Laissez Faire Books edition of TSC may be found here. Professor Hoppe’s work now appears in at least 23 languages in addition to English.